With its Anne Klein Women’s Award, the Heinrich Böll Foundation honours women who courageously and perseveringly advocate human rights, equality and sexual self-determination. The award includes prize money of EUR 10,000 and has been bestowed since 2012. The awardees are from Germany and abroad.
Through this award, the Heinrich Böll Foundation also commemorates Anne Klein (1950-2011), a woman, lawyer and politician who dedicated her life to fighting for women’s rights and civil liberties.
We invite you to nominate candidates for the 2019 Anne Klein Women’s Award. Please use no more than three A4 pages to present your candidate and also provide reasons for your choice.
Further details and nomination criteria can be found here.
The closing date for submissions is 2nd September 2018.
The award ceremony will be held in Berlin on March 1st, 2019.
- Prof. Dr. Nivedita Prasad, Berlin – for her untiring dedication towards achieving legal protection of all people, irrespective of their skin colour, gender or religion, and opposing racism
- Lepa Mladjenovic, Belgrade – for her courageous commitment to women’s and lesbian rights, sexual self-determination and in combating violence and militarism
- Imelda Marrufo Nava, Ciudad Juárez – for her fearless struggle against gender-based violence and her contribution towards having feminicide recognised as a separate crime
- Nebahat Akkoc, Diyarbakir – for her active resistance to state and domestic violence, as well as her defence of human rights and women’s rights
- Dr. Gisela Burckhardt, Bonn – for her tirelessly work to improve the working conditions for women in the global textile industry
- Nomarussia Bonase, Johannesburg – for her tireless advocating for women’s rights, gender democracy, reparation and reconciliation
- Jineth Bedoya Lima und Mayerlis Angarita Robles, Colombia – for their dedication for women’s rights in armed conflicts and in the process of peace and reconciliation
Heinrich Böll Foundation | Anne Klein Women’s Award | Schumannstr. 8 | 10117 Berlin
Ulrike Cichon, firstname.lastname@example.org, T +49 (0)30 285 34-112